Reproducing and sustaining a cohort of active Economic Geographers is an essential part of the EGRG’s remit. Promoting the teaching of Economic Geography through engaging and exciting syllabi, teaching aids and resources goes a long way towards ensuring a future generation of scholars are encouraged to call themselves Economic Geographers. Through this section of the website we aim to provide access to a range of resources that members might use to enhance and develop their teaching.
Below is a list of potentially useful websites providing a range of pedagogic materials. If you know of other sites that members may find useful please send details to a member of the committee.
- Journal of Geography in Higher Education (in particular see 2006 special issue on teaching Economic Geography).
General pedagogy sites
- Higher Education Academy.
- Higher Education Academy Subject Network.
- BUBL information service.
- Chronicle of HE.
- Distributed National Electronic Resource Network.
- Exchange: informing change in HE.
- Higher Education Funding Council.
- Higher Education Staff Development Agency – archive site.
- Mailbase discussion forum.
- PINAKES – portal for subject based resources.
- Resource Discovery Network (RDN).
- Staff Educational Development Association (SEDA).
- Theory Into Practice (TIP) database.
- LTSN Subject Centre.
- World lecture hall.
- WWW virtual library.
- The Computer Assisted Assessment (CAA) Centre – a great source of information.
- The assessment starter-page of the Deliberations site – lots of links and information.
- The OCSLD publications.